Sunday, April 29, 2012

Colorado Trip

Cottage Home
So here I am at my dad and grandma's house, deep in the rocky mountains of Colorado. I'm over 7000 feet above sea level and all I see around me are gigantic boulders and huge trees. Just across the road there is a river with water flowing straight down from the mountain. You can just imagine how beautiful it is to be here. I'm actually spending my nights at a place just 5 minutes down the road because there's not enough room for me at my dad's house. The place I'm staying at looks just like a little cottage with a wood burning stove in the middle of the living room and windows all around which let all of the beautiful sunlight in. Hopefully I can add some photos to this blog later (update: see above), but I don't have anything to connect my camera to the computer. This part of my trip is just beginning and I expect it to be great. I haven't seen my dad and grandma in 14 years so there is plenty of catching up to do!

Last week I was on Long Island, New York visiting my Love, his family and friends. I receive so much warmth and love on every trip I make to New York and slowly but surely I get to see more of the big city as well as the gems on Long Island. This time I was able to explore some more natural spots on the Island while the weather was nice. While in the city we went to Harlem a couple times and went bowling and shared good food with great people. By the end of the trip I knew that I was at home with these people. I was sent off with a couple tins of vegan brownies and nut brittle and a big smile on my face, no doubt. I am sooo lucky! During that part of the trip I also spent a night with my auntie Pat, uncle Jim and my cousin Drew. They are always so good to me when I go out there. They took me to the ocean a few times and my aunt cooked us all a delicious vegan dinner. I just feel thankful to know that all those around me are united in our desire and ability to create love and share our joy with others. Sharing Love: this is the truth.


@LoveKaruna (Twitter)


1 comment:

  1. So wonderful to hear about your happy, grateful journeying Karuna. There is much shining amongst all your words, you're lighting me up, thanks, and hope to keep reading your share.

    ReplyDelete