Sunday, April 08, 2012

Going Out

Nice and Simple

Tonight will be the first night that I've been out in many, many months. I don't even know what to do anymore! Drink and have fun I guess :) Haha! After 8 months of being locked in my room, sitting with my laptop, deep into books and articles, thinking, thinking, thinking up tons of ideas and then typing, typing, typing dozens of pages...I need a break.

So far, as I've been getting ready I've found myself in an all too familiar situation: desperately searching through drawers and drawers of clothes until I feel defeated. Then I sit on my bed and sulk to myself and think "I have nothing to wear". Oh boo hoo I'm saying now, how pathetic. I don't know what's wrong with me. I've got plenty to wear, but somehow I never feel satisfied. This feeling of lack is absurd. Our whole consumer culture is waaack! I don't want to be a spoiled brat. That's not me. And I know it really doesn't matter that much what I put on anyway. And yet the choices, oh the choices, they leave me paralyzed. Someone said that to me earlier today actually, "options have a way of paralyzing people". So true. It's like we can never find peace with what we have. And trust me, I have everything I need, and more. 

Anyway, this is just a little rant before I go out. I don't want to be all negative, because I'm really just going out to hear some live music and have a fabulous time. And I will! Vodka cranberries here I come...

@LoveKaruna (Twitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment