Sunday, September 09, 2012

Hot Fruit Smoothies

Not actually my smoothie

Today I went shopping for my latest food/health adventure which is to begin eating 100% raw foods come tomorrow. I bought massive amounts of fresh fruits and vegetables which I decided to carry home in this crappy little buggy that I have. On my way, some of the raspberries got a bit squished and mushy and I didn't know what to do with them so I just threw them into a little pot. It was an uncommon move for me because normally I'd put them in the blender and make a smoothie, but my old blender died and I'm still waiting for my new one to arrive. I just did it and I had no idea what was coming next. I noticed we had a couple overripe bananas and normally I'd throw those into the freezer to use for a normal smoothie or something, but I threw them into the pot too. Then I added some vanilla soymilk and started heating it up on the stove. I thought to myself "what the hell am I doing? I'm making a hot smoothie", but I just went with it. Since I don't have a blender I had to mash up the bananas with a fork, but with the heat they softened a lot and it was pretty easy. The end result was a warm, sweet and comforting fruit smoothie and although it sounds weird, it's actually pretty good. After I made it, I decided to search the internet to see if hot smoothies actually exist and sure enough they do! They're normally blended in a blender before being heated up on the stove and I can see how that would give the smoothie a much nicer consistency than what I made, but I give myself credit for being so innovative. All in all, although I will not be enjoying more of these hot smoothies on my raw food diet, I think they're a great idea for smoothie lovers that don't want to give them up as soon as the cold weather hits. Be bold, try one!

@LoveKaruna (Twitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment