Sunday, September 02, 2012

My last days in the Azores

Taking in the view
 
Well here I am, once again, in the last bittersweet days of my most recent adventure. "It's not an end, but a beginning!" as they (and I) would enthusiastically say. This month long trip to the Azores has filled this chapter of my life with wonderful experiences and stories which will allow me to move onto the next chapter with a whole new perspective on life. However subtle or great that shift has been doesn't matter. Every experience, every person, every gentle touch of the summer wind, it all makes a difference in the great plan and I allow it to be so. As I  quickly glance back on the last month of my life, I can say I've had a wonderful time and accomplished what I set out to do: from the ocean shores to the mountain peaks on this little island, I've had the opportunity to explore more of our phenomenal Earth and I am amazed, as always, at how beautiful she is. And humans...oh I know the world is full of huge, terrible social problems, I know this, but when I am able to sit down and look into the eyes of real breathing, loving, welcoming people in countries all around the world, I can see the goodness in their eyes. I see the beauty in humanity and I know that we are One! This is strength to my spirit and I openly share this Love with everyone. So here I am, I'm now ready to go home to Toronto. As much as I am usually itching to embark on a new voyage every time I've returned to my 'normal' routine in the big city, Toronto will always be home to me and the more I travel the world, I realize it's a place to be proud of. My family, my friends, my dog and the streets that raised me are all there waiting and I newly appreciate the life that I have. Well I've already written a sentimental blog about loving Toronto before so I won't get into that again. I am happy here. I am happy in Toronto. I am just happy.


@LoveKaruna (Twitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment