Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Death is an illusion of separation

Death. Our bodies are destined to die. This is a fact of this Earthly life and I accept it. And yet it still continues to be hard, though less and less as I begin to understand it better...

The last 6 months have been difficult, due in great part to some of the deaths of loved ones that I have experienced. I've lost 2 great aunts, 2 long-time family friends, my brother (whom I only met once) and a close friend of mine. Though I am conditioned to say it, I know that they are not really lost since even at the instance of death, the Life force inside of us doesn't simply disappear. We are actually transformed at the atomic level into a new part of the makeup of the universe like specs of dust sparkling in the sunlight. But the awareness, the consciousness that gives form to the creations of the mind exists eternally as a part of the Divine. And so nothing will ever be lost, everything will continue to be a part of the Light. 

The last death (the close friend of mine) hit me the hardest for this woman showed me the true nature of compassion and I loved her for all of the ways that she loved other people, including myself. I watched as her body transformed from the strong, robust figure that looked like it could take on any of the numerous jobs that she worked, her 3 feisty adult daughters, her 8 young grandsons, the fairly recent loss of her beloved husband of over 30 years and the unstoppable giving which she indiscriminately poured out to every person that she knew...into a frail, delicate frame of skin and bones in just a matter of 2 months. That woman that I loved...she was always there living inside that weakened body, continuing to embody what Love is. Her lesson became a part of my lesson, teaching me that we, our Life force, is not restricted by the bodies which we think encase our spirits. Such a perfect manifestation of Love is ever present and always transcending physical form. That part of her is God.

So I thank her for that lesson and for the Love which she created in her lifetime on Earth. I won't say that I'll join her some day, for we were never really separated in her passing. We live together forever, not only in memory, but in the part of us which is Real and in this I have found Peace. As a tribute to all of the specs of dust that sparkle in the sunlight, I share this song: 


@LoveKaruna (Twitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment